This Platform (the “Platform”) is an online experience that lets adult fans of LEGO® building read articles and share content created by a community of like-minded adults.
Use of your data
We also process information you have posted to the Platform, which may include comments, reactions, sharing of our social media account posts or other user generated content including any photographs and any profile information you choose to provide (avatar image, bio, social network links, etc.). If you have a LEGO Account, we also associate your LEGO Account with any content you submit, as well as voting, reactions or other activities on the Platform.
Our legal bases for processing this information are: a. legitimate interest (GDPR art. 6(1)(f)) in connection with answering your questions and reporting and analyzing on user engagement; b. performance of a contract (GDPR art. 6(1)(b)), which is our agreement with you about intellectual property rights licenses relating to user generated content posted to the Platform; and c. to comply with our legal obligations (GDPR art. 6(1)(c)) to implement and maintain appropriate technical measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) art. 32, as well as pursuant to obligations pursuant to applicable international data privacy laws.
We also use methods including cookies to collect and use your login data, location data, login times, and what Platform content has been viewed or downloaded for the purpose of monitoring and tracking suspicious behavior or patterns reasonably indicating a potential breach of our intellectual property rights, intellectual property rights of third parties collaborating with us, as well as for information security.
The legal bases for this processing are: a. the pursuit of the LEGO Group’s legitimate interests (GDPR art. 6.1.f). In that case, our legitimate interests are to allow you to access and engage with Platform content, while maintaining an appropriate level of information security and protecting our rights (and the rights of third parties collaborating with us) in the Platform content; and b. to allow us to comply with our legal obligations (GDPR art. 6.1.c) to implement and maintain appropriate technical measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) art. 32, as well as pursuant to obligations pursuant to applicable intellectual property laws and international data privacy laws. This analytical data regarding your use of the Platform (but not your LEGO Account credentials) will deleted on a rolling 6 months basis.
This is a legal agreement between you and LEGO System A/S, Aastvej 1, DK-7190 Billund, Denmark (“we” or “us”) with respect to you visiting and participating in this Platform.
A. ACCESSING THE PLATFORM
To access the Platform, you must be at least 18 years old.
To submit user generated content like posts, photos, or videos (where permitted), and to react to other peoples’ user generated content or to vote or engage in other activities, you must be logged in to a LEGO Account accessed via your LEGO ID username and password or by using a social sign-in feature. All accounts must be tied to a bona fide email address or social networking profile you own and operate.
The Platform and all activities contained within are international and therefore users from around the world and from any background are eligible to submit user generated content, except where this is prohibited by applicable laws or where the LEGO Account is not available. Residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country, and any country where participation is prohibited or restricted by law may not actively participate on or submit user generated content to the Platform.
B. USER GENERATED CONTENT
You retain your individual copyright before submitting, posting or displaying user generated content on or through the Platform. However, you individually grant to us a limited license, so that we can make the content accessible and usable on our LEGO earned and owned platforms without any limitation for an indefinite period. The license you individually grant to us and companies within the LEGO Group is a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use and modify the content submitted, posted or displayed on or through the Platform, including for use on any platform or media for promotional purposes.
Also, if you post user generated content in a part of the Platform that includes functions where multiple users may post, correct, edit or delete items, by submitting the content to that area you are individually allowing other users to use the submitted content in this way. Make sure that you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content submitted to the Platform.
After posting user generated content, you can always choose to remove this content from your profile. One important thing you should think about before posting: when you make something available e.g. on the Internet, it becomes practically impossible to take down all copies of it, even if you delete it from your profile later.
If the LEGO Group introduces a product similar to any user generated content you have submitted to the Platform, you understand and acknowledge that any coincidental similarity is unintentional, and you agree to indemnify and hold the LEGO Group harmless and release the LEGO Group from any and all claims of infringement.
C. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that any content on the Platform infringes your intellectual property rights, you as the rights holder or an agent thereof may either flag the content using reporting features within the Platform, or submit an intellectual property right Complaint pursuant to the intellectual property right Complaint Form.
We appreciate your cooperation in providing an English translation of your report to our intellectual property right agent. Please include the information below in writing.
- A signature (physical or electronic) from the owner or from a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the allegedly infringed content or material.
- Direct link/ Uniform Resource Locator (URL) to the protected work on the Platform claimed to be infringing. Multiple protected work complaints are covered by a single notification by submitting a representative list of URLs from the Platform.
- Sufficient identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that has allegedly been infringed.
- Contact information such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail to permit the service provider to contact you.
- A statement (i) that you have good faith belief that the content is not authorized by the rights holder, its agent, or the law, and (ii) that the information provided in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner.
Contact can also be made via postal mail or email to: LEGO System A/S, Copyright LEGO, Aastvej 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark. Email: email@example.com.
If you fail to comply with all the requirements of this Section, you acknowledge that your intellectual property right Complaint form may not be valid and may therefore not be handled (whether fully or partially) by LEGO System A/S.
If we receive an intellectual property right Complaint form that complies with all the requirements, we reserve the right to refuse to make private or to remove the content. We reserve our rights to action against you if you misrepresent that a fair use of the content constitutes infringement.
If your content has been removed as a result of an intellectual property right Complaint as per the above Section and you believe it is not infringing, or believe you have the authorization from the rights holder, the rights holder’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to transmit and use the content, you may send a counter-notice to us containing the information below:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, you acknowledge that your intellectual property right Counter-Notice form may not be valid and may therefore not be handled (whether fully or partially) by LEGO System A/S.
You understand and accept that we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party. The rights holder then has 14 business days to respond and unless the rights holder files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be accessible to the broader audience on the Platform, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
D. RULES OF CONDUCT
You agree not to do any of the following while accessing or using the Platform:
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or libelous, or that may be invasive of another’s right of privacy or is publicity, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a LEGO employee, moderator, representative or agent (or an official, employee, representative or agent of LEGO affiliates, licensors or licensees), message board leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content that you do not have a right to transmit, under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content that contains a virus, corrupted data, Trojan horse, bot, keystroke logger, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to and/or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or mine, scrape or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that are related to the Platform;
- use the comment and discussion systems in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting (use of all caps), flooding (continuous posting of repetitive text);
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content to an e-mail address, messenger-feature address or other location that is not yours or to which you do not have the expressly authorized right to use without securing the prior authorization of such other person or entity;
- harass, stalk, or threaten any other users in the Platform;
- participate in any action within the Platform which, in our sole judgment, exploits or abuses an undocumented aspect of the Platform in order to obtain an unfair advantage over other users of the Platform;
- participate in any action within the Platform which, in our sole judgment, defrauds another user including, but not limited to, by scamming or social engineering;
- access or attempt to access any areas within the Platform that have not been made available to users;
- register for or hold multiple accounts on the Platform simultaneously;
- circumvent or attempt to circumvent disciplinary measures taken against your account, including registering for or using a new account on the Platform after being suspended or banned.
We retain the right to suspend, terminate, or otherwise sanction your Platform access if you violate these Rules of Conduct.
E. TITLE, COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You may not copy or download any content from the Platform unless you are expressly authorized to do so.
Making unauthorized copies of content found in the Platform may result in the termination of your Account, prohibition to use this software and further legal action.
F. LIMITED WARRANTY
THE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER APPLICABLE STATUTORY WARRANTIES (TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW). THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PLATFORM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PLATFORM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT THE LEGO GROUP OR AN AUTHORISED LEGO DEALER) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
SOME STATES AND COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY STATE OR COUNTRY.
The LEGO Group does not warrant that the functionality provided by the programs based on the Platform will meet your requirements or that the operation of said programs will be uninterrupted or error free.
G. LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
IN NO EVENT WILL THE LEGO GROUP BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS OR OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE SUCH PLATFORM EVEN IF THE LEGO GROUP OR AN AUTHORISED LEGO DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
SOME COUNTRIES OR STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We may, at our sole discretion, remove or block any hosted content (including, but not limited to user comments, data, information, graphics, photographs, images, illustrations, and video clips) from the Platform without prior notice or liability for any reason whatsoever. We reserve the right to take legal or technical steps to ban any user from the Platform without prior notice or liability, if this user is believed to be violating the Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct.
If you wish to terminate your profile on this platform, visit the settings and click the Delete Profile button. If you have submitted any user generated content to the Platform, when you delete your profile the LEGO Group will maintain an offline copy of your profile information and your submissions for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims for a period of up to five (5) years, or until the original purpose of retaining the information is no longer valid (e.g. the Platform closes).
Note that following these steps does not delete your LEGO Account, just your account on this platform. If you wish to delete your LEGO Account follow the instructions in the LEGO Account Help Topics under “How do I delete by LEGO® Account?” (English only)
The LEGO Group reserves the right to limit or terminate the services made available via the Platform at any time without notice.
I. GOVERNING LAW
You acknowledge that the export of the Platform is governed by the export control laws of the United States of America and other countries. If you are downloading the Platform, you represent and warrant that you are not located in or under the control of any country which the export laws and regulations of such country or of the U.S.A. prohibit the exportation of the Platform to. Finally, if you are a unit of the United States Government, you acknowledge that the Platform is provided as “commercial computer Platform” under terms of this Agreement, and that use, duplication, or disclosure of any Platform or any related Manual shall be subject to 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (OCT 1995), consisting of “commercial computer Platform” and “commercial computer Platform Manual” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (SEPT 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7204-4 (JUNE 1995), or any successor regulations, a licensee shall be provided the licensed Platform pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.
J. CUSTOMER SERVICE AND IN-PLATFORM SUPPORT
This platform uses LEGO Customer Service for customer service and support. This link leads you to the Help Topics, which contain answers to frequent questions and information about how to contact support.
K. INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE
We reserve the right to interrupt the Platform from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that we will not be liable for any interruption of the Platform, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
You acknowledge that the Platform may be interrupted for reasons beyond our control, and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Platform or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. We shall not be liable for any interruption of the Platform, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
We have the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Platform as we sees fit in our sole discretion.
L. ENTIRE AGREEMENT:
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, UNDERSTAND THEM AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN US WHICH SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSAL OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Please note that the Platform is an online Platform and requires internet access. In the event of internet failure, some Platform data could be lost. We will try our best to resume the lost data, Platform stats, Platform scores and user generated content. We can, however, not be held liable for such internet failures.
LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2022 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.